Don’t let the avocado ingredient weird you out. These. Cookies. Are. Amazingly Good!
My cousin passed along the recipe for these a few weeks ago (not sure who to high-five for the original recipe).
My husband, a life long chocolate chip cookie fan (and critic) can’t stop talking about them! They are super moist and scrumptious!
I had to get parchment paper, not a staple in my simple kitchen, but we’ve made them on foil in a pinch.
- 1 large avocado or 1 1/2 small; flesh only (very ripe, but not brown)
- ½ cup coconut sugar or date sugar (I actually prefer 1/2 cup maple syrup!)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup dark cacao powder
- 1/2 bag of dark chocolate chips (preferably 85% cocoa)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a bowl whip together avocado and coconut sugar until smooth. Add in the egg.
- Mix in the cacao powder and baking soda.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Using two spoons place dollops of cookie dough in a baking sheet with parchment paper. The cookie won’t spread as much as usual cookies when baking, so make sure to flatten them out a bit with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies don’t stick as much to the paper as they did before baking.
- Eat ’em hot or let ’em cool. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.